The Linkwood distillery was built in 1821 by Peter Brown, the factor of the Seafield Estates of Moray and Banffshire, and is named after Linkwood House, the family home.Brown’s son, William, carried on the business and rebuilt the distillery in the1870s. One of the managers in the 1930s believed that absolutely everything in the distillery played its part in making the whisky what it was and he commanded that nothing – not even a cobweb – be removed. Had he lived long enough, he would have been dismayed in 1962 when the internal layout was radically changed and again in 1971 when a second distilling unit with two pairs of stills was built alongside the original Linkwood single-pair set-up.
Alcohol by Volume: 43%
Origin: Speyside. Elgin.
Notes: Matured in first fill & refill sherry hogsheads.
Delicate sweet and citrus fruit aromas, with subtle Sherry influences developing. On the palate, a slight spiciness initially with candied fruit flavors and a smooth creamy finish.