MONTE DEL FRA
AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA
Grapes: 80% Corvina Veronese and Corvinone, 20% Rondinella
Appellation: Veneto, Italy
Notes: A dry red wine, deep ruby red with garnet highlights. Extremely elegant, well-balanced and velvety, but at the same time robust and complex, dry, full-bodied, generous and austere.
Food Pairing: It is incomparable with braised meats or roast game and with very mature, piquant cheeses. Excellent with raw tuna, sushi and with Thai, Vietnamese and Indian cuisine. Try sipping it, too, on its own, outside the context of a meal.
Serving Temperature: 60-64 °F
Alcohol by Volume: 15%
Total Acidity: 5.50 g/l
Formats: 375ml & 750ml
• 2010 Wine Enthusiast : 94 Points
• 2009 Wine Enthusiast : 92 Points
• 2009 Wine Spectator : 91 Points
• 2008 Wine Enthusiast : 90 Points
• 2007 Wine Spectator : 93 Points