MONTE DEL FRA
AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA
Grapes: 80% Corvina Veronese and Corvinone, 20% Rondinella
Appellation: Veneto, Italy
Notes: Deep ruby red wine, extremely complex, but at the same time well-balanced, velvety and robust, dry, full-bodied, generous and austere.
Food Pairing: Originally intended as a wine to sip after dinner, but it also goes well with rich, full-flavored dishes such as game and aged and very piquant cheeses.
Serving Temperature: 60-64 °F
Alcohol by Volume: 15.5%
Total Acidity: 5.80 g/l
• 2009 Wine Enthusiast : 93 Points
• 2008 Wine & Spirits : 92 Points
• 2008 Wine Spectator : 91 Points
• 2006 Wine Enthusiast : 90 Points
• 2006 Wine Spectator : 92 Points